Have A Question?

Take a look here to see if we have the answer you seek

Rental FAQs

If I’m looking for a rental, can you find one for me?

We don’t actively look for rentals for you, but we do have a Rental page that is updated daily with our current list of available properties.

You can also stop by our office to get a physical copy of our rental list, which is updated and printed every Thursday.

How do I apply for a rental?

First, get registered on our website here. Once that’s done, simply go to our Rentals page and click “Rent Me Today” on whichever rental you’re interested in!

What if I don’t have a computer to be able to apply online?
We have paper applications at the office that can be filled out in person and handed in.
What if I don’t have a previous Landlord?

Fill out your application to the best of your ability. If certain areas on your application don’t apply, leave them blank.

What references do I need to include on my application?

We require non-family personal references on our applications.

How can I schedule a viewing for a rental property I’m interested in?

A manager will contact you once your application is approved.

Can I put down a deposit on a rental before I have been approved to secure my spot?

We can’t accept deposits until a Tenancy Agreement is signed.

How can I pay my rent through you?

We accept:

  • Debit
  • Exact Cash (we don’t carry change in the office)
  • Money Orders
  • Personal cheques (personal cheques are only accepted on or before the 1st of the month)
  • e-transfer
  • Auto-withdrawal 

Strata FAQs

How do we pay our dues for Strata? (ie. maintenance fees, gas bills, fines, special levies):

We accept:

  • Exact Cash (as we don’t carry change in the office)
  • Cheques
  • Money Orders
  • Automatic Withdrawal Forms
  • e-transfer
Who should my personal cheques be made payable to?

Your cheques should be made payable to your Strata Corporation’s name or Strata Plan number.

How do I set up automatic withdrawal for my Strata/HOA Fees?
Come into the office to fill out our automatic withdrawal form. You need to bring a void cheque or the appropriate information sheet from your bank in order to complete the form.

You can also phone the office to and ask for the automatic withdrawal form to be emailed to you. If you get it emailed, you can mail it or scan it once it’s filled out.

Please note: automatic withdrawal forms have to be in 5 business days before the end of the month (by noon the latest). If they’re later than that, they won’t take effect until the following month.

What if I’m too late in setting up my automatic withdrawal for my strata payments?

You can:

  • Mail in a cheque
  • Come into the office with a cheque
  • Come into the office with exact cash
  • Specify on the automatic withdrawal form that you would like a one-time double payment to come out the following month (sign beside where you specify)
  • Send an e-transfer
What if I just moved and my cheques don’t have my new address on them?
We only require that your cheque has your correct name and banking information.
Can I use debit/credit cards for my strata payments?
We don’t accept debit or credit cards for strata payments – we deal with Trust accounts for strata corporations.
If my manager is away, who answers my questions?
Your manager gets to know your independent strata intimately. When they’re sick, or on vacation, we have support staff and senior managers and always have someone available to answer your questions, however there may be things that your assigned manager may have to handle when they are back to the office. In the meantime we will be able to respond to emergencies, general inquiries and still conduct the day to day activities required of a management company.
How do we order Strata Documents?(Eg. Form B, Form F, minutes, etc).
Our request forms are listed on our website and can be filled out online. Once finished, your request form can be emailed to the respective agent in our forms department which will be listed at the bottom of the document.
Native Land Form   Owner Request Form
Realtor Request Form  Mortgage Broker Request Form  Lawyer Request Form
How can I pay for Strata Documents?

For Strata Documents, we accept:

  • Exact Cash
  • Cheque
  • Money Orders
  • Debit or Credit Cards


Rental Glossary

Tenancy Agreement:

A tenancy agreement is a contract between a tenant and their landlord. It outlines:

  • Tenant rights
  • Landlord rights
  • Occupancy term
  • Rent amount.


Condition Report:
A “walk-through” is conducted prior to tenancy to confirm the condition of the home when the tenant moved in to assist with the eventual move out and ensuring there has been no damage caused by the tenant, or that any pre-existing damage was noted at the time of initial tenancy.

The report should be filled out right before the tenant first moves into the property.

For example, if there’s a big scratch in one of the walls before the tenant moves in, that’s not the tenant’s responsibility. Their damage deposit can’t be used to fix the scratch, and the damage gets put on the conditioning report.

Strata Glossary

Strata Property Act:
The legal framework that all strata corporations and strata owners must follow in BC.

This framework is affected by judicial decisions from court cases and other legislation.

Capital Planning:

A budget put in place for annual maintenance, such as:

  • Roof replacement
  • Elevator repairs
  • Painting


Contingency Fund:
A fund set aside for emergency needs, such as water or fire damage.
Agency Agreement:
An Agency Agreement is a document that the strata corporation and property management company both need to sign.

It gives a general outline of the services that are going to be provided and the length of the contract.

It also includes the disbursements and management fees.

The proposal is a document that is unique to each strata corporation (or board of directors).

It outlines the services you’ll receive and breaks down the fees.

It also covers HomeLife’s terms and conditions and company history.

Strata Fees:

Collective fees divided between all strata owners. These fees are approved annually by owner votes. The fees cover all common expenses, such as:

  • Strata budget
  • Contingency fund
  • Capital planning


Depreciation Reports:

A report which helps the strata corporation plan and pay for any maintenance of the development’s common property, such as:

  • Roof replacement
  • Painting
  • Parking lot repairs


Budget Shortfall:
If the budget goes over its specified amount, a special levy is put in place to fund the difference – which all owners must add to their existing strata fees.
Form B:

A Form B is an informational form that covers a number of details regarding the home/strata lot. It’s typically requested during the sale of a home. Some examples of what’s in this form:

  • Strata fees
  • Outstanding fees
  • Liens
  • Special levies
  • Amendments to bylaws
  • Strata lot number


Form F:
A Form F is a form that’s required during the sale of a home. It formally states that there are no outstanding fees on that unit and that the homeowner is in good standing with the Strata Corporation or Homeowners Corporation.
Form K:
The Form K is a form that must be signed by the renter of a unit in a strata development. It confirms the tenant has received a copy of the corporation’s bylaws and agrees to abide by them.
Common Property:

Common property is all land and building areas that aren’t a part of a particular strata unit, such as:

  • Roof
  • Parking lot
  • Elevator
  • Hallways
  • Stairwells


Employee Bonding:
An agreement put in place that protects the strata against theft or damage by a hired worker (e.g. a contractor). If the worker causes damage to the strata development, they have to pay for the repairs.
Strata Trust Account:
A bank account kept strictly for all strata funds (which means the account is legally under the name ‘Strata Corporation’).