– when music began to shake her walls, the bass drowning out her TV and causing her cat to leap up with a yowl.
This was the 3rd time this week! Enraged, Jenna stomped downstairs to the dance studio she lived above.
Her strata had tried to solve the problem, but the council for the commercial part of the building didn’t care one whit.
Cue the strata wars.
How 1 Property Manager Can Avoid These 3 Common Airspace Problems
An airspace condo is a residence above a business.
Several property management companies can be involved in a multi-stratified (gulp, what a mouthful) development, which creates complex dynamics. There can be a different manager for:
- The residential strata
- The commercial strata
- Any rental properties within the residential strata
The more people involved, the more chaotic it gets.
3 problems that can arise with multiple property management companies:
- Difficult schedules (everyone can’t get together to resolve issues)
- Biased opinions during conflicts (commercial manager doesn’t care about the residential strata and vice versa)
- Confusing operating budgets
Having 1 property management company for both means:
Quick strata decisions
Your manager knows all they need to know about both corporations because they’re in charge of both.
Conflicts are resolved faster than if several companies were involved (no biases).
Scheduling is simple, as there’s only 1 manager.